9-Week Hybrid Training Program
A Fully Online Basic DNMS Training
The DNMS is a state-of-the-art treatment for adult clients suffering the effects of childhood wounding — the kind of wounding that leads to dissociated child parts stuck in a painful past. This treatment unfolds in three phases. Phase 1 stabilizes these wounded parts, Phase 2 silences wounding childhood messages, and Phase 3 gets wounded parts completely unstuck with comprehensive needs meeting. The Basic DNMS Training teaches the Phase 1 interventions — getting a history, mobilizing Resources, establishing a Special Safe Place, stabilizing wounded parts, and more. There’s a lot to learn and master in Phase 1. These are stand-alone interventions that can provide profound healing even if Phases 2 and 3 are never applied. The Advanced DNMS Training (when ready) will focus on interventions from Phases 2 and 3. We aim to have the Advanced Training ready sometime in 2025.
If you learn best with a live teacher, this hybrid training is for you. It offers a well-paced, nurturing, thorough learning experience. It will to help deepen your understanding of the core DNMS principles and hone your clinical skills with practice, rehearsal, and role play. As you work your way through the 9 weeks, you’ll become much more effective treating dissociative, attachment-wounded clients. When you complete this training we’ll list you on the DNMS website Find a Therapist page with the designation “Completed Basic DNMS Training.”
The 9-Week Training
This hybrid training combines the flexibility of self-study with the nurturing intimacy of a small, interactive class. And it’s fully online, so you do it all from the comfort of your home or office. Each week, for 9 weeks, you’ll have a self-study lesson followed by a class that’s focused on that lesson.
9 Self-Study Lessons: Each weekly self-study lesson involves watching a select portion of the 16-Hour DNMS On-Demand Webinar, and sometimes reading a short passage from the DNMS book. The self-study time commitment varies from 1-3 hours per week, but most lessons will take about 2 hours to complete. After a lesson, you’ll submit a homework assignment — a few short-answer questions about the lesson content.
9 Interactive Online Classes: After watching/reading each weekly lesson you’ll join a 90-minute class on Zoom. The class, led by a DNMS consultant, will focus on the current lesson. It will consist of three learning activities: a brief review of the lesson content, a Q&A period, and some sort of rehearsal, role play, or practice. Classes will be limited to about 8 participants.
This training contains beginning, intermediate, and advanced level content. It’s for licensed mental health professionals (or those on a path to becoming licensed) who work with adults wounded in childhood.
How to Enroll
Because this is a hybrid training, enrollment requires two separate transactions. You’ll subscribe to the 16-Hour On-Demand Webinar and you’ll register for the class. If you already have a subscription for the 16-hour webinar, you’ll just register for the class. If you have a subscription to our (recently-retired) 10-hour DNMS webinar, you’ll need to upgrade to the new 16-hour version to become fully trained. We’ll deduct whatever you paid for the 10-hour webinar from the cost the 16-hour webinar. Email us to find out what that deduction will be.
1. Subscribe to the 16-Hour On-Demand Webinar: We have two almost-identical self-study webinars. Choose the one that’s right for you. If you frequently use EMDR or need EMDRIA credits, select Webinar Option 1. Everyone else, select Webinar Option 2. Clicking either link will connect you to a full webinar description, information about the cost, details about the 16 CEs, and a link to subscribe.
2. Register for the Interactive Online Class: We aim to schedule our classes at times convenient to participants. Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) your location and time zone and times during the week that you either could or could not meet for a 90-minute class. When we have about 8 therapists who can all meet on the same day and time, we’ll email you a link so you can register. The cost for the 9-week class is $810 US ($90/session). Payable in full, in advance, or with $270 payments every third class. We can provide most therapists 13.5 CEs upon completion of the class. Click here to see if you’ve covered.
Getting the Book: Because some of the lessons include a reading assignment, you’ll get access to an online PDF version of the book when you register for the class. The PDF is not downloadable and it’s only viewable online. It’s easy to read on a laptop or tablet, but not on a phone. Because of these limitations, you may want to get a hard copy or Kindle. You can order the paperback from us or from Amazon. If you’re not in the US, it’s best to order it from your local Amazon Marketplace. Amazon will print the book in your country, and mail it from your country. You can get a Kindle version from Amazon. Unlike our PDF, a Kindle book is downloadable and easily readable on any device without an internet connection.
Webinar Option 1
Webinar Option 2
Class Participation Agreements
Because this class is required to complete the Basic DNMS training, participants agree to the following…
- I agree to make every effort possible to attend all 9 online classes in person. If I have a known scheduling conflict for one or more classes (like a planned vacation) I will discuss this with the teacher in advance. If I must miss a class due to illness or an unexpected emergency, I will let the teacher know as soon as possible.
- I agree to keep my Zoom camera on during each class.
- I agree to submit each week’s homework assignment 24 hours prior to class, even if I’m going to miss a class. If this is not possible, I will let the teacher know as soon as possible. I understand that this is important, since my answers to the homework questions will influence the teacher’s prioritization and organization of class topics.
- If I miss a class, I agree to watch a recording of it then answer quiz questions about it, within 7 days. I understand correct answers to the quiz will serve as verification that I watched the recording — verification that’s required to complete the training and get 13.5 CEs for the whole class.
- I understand that missing more than two live classes, or repeatedly failing to submit fully-completed homework on time, puts my participation status in review. That means working with the teacher to figure out a plan to meet all the training requirements.
- I understand I may record each class I attend but sharing recordings with others is not permitted without permission from the DNMS Institute.
- I understand I can progress through the webinar in pace with the lessons, or I can skip ahead. If I skip ahead, I agree to review the content of each weekly lesson, so it’s fresh on my mind when I complete the homework and participate in class.
- I understand that each class will be primarily focused on the weekly lesson. Questions about off-topic subjects will not be answered unless there’s extra time for that.
Continuing Education Credit
Those who complete the Basic DNMS Training will get two Certificates of Completion. One for the self-study webinar and one for the interactive online class. We can provide most therapists 16 CEs for completing the on-demand webinar and 13.5 CEs for completing the interactive class. Check below to verify you’re covered for the class. If we can provide your CEs for the class, you’re probably also covered for the self-study webinar.
No EMDRIA Credits for the Class
While the class portion of this hybrid training does not provide EMDRIA Credits, the 16-hour self-study EMDR preparation webinar does.
Professional CEs for the Class
This online, interactive class is cosponsored by the Institute on Violence, Abuse, and Trauma (IVAT), based in San Diego, CA.
Psychologists (except for New York): The Institute on Violence, Abuse, and Trauma (IVAT) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Psychologists will receive 13.5 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now accepts American Psychological Association continuing education credit for license renewal. LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, and LEPs will receive 13.5 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program.
Counselors: LPCs, LCPCs, MHCs, and LMHCs will receive 13.5 CEs in states where any scope-of-practice continuing education is accepted, or where continuing education from American Psychological Association or ASWB ACE providers is accepted. Policies vary from state to state and can change year to year. Please check your state licensing board rules to determine if you’re covered.
Marriage & Family Therapists: LMFTs will receive 13.5 CEs in states where any scope-of-practice continuing education is accepted, or where continuing education from American Psychological Association or ASWB ACE providers is accepted. Policies vary from state to state and can change year to year. Please check your state licensing board rules to determine if you’re covered.
Nurses (except for Iowa): IVAT is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses to offer continuing education for California nurses (CEP #13737). As an approved provider of American Psychological Association CEs, IVAT programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Nurses will receive 13.5 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program.
Addictions Counselors: IVAT is approved by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) to sponsor continuing education for certified alcohol and drug abuse counselors (Provider #IS-03-499-0223). Addictions Counselors licensed in California will receive 13.5 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program.
Social Workers: DNMS Institute, LLC, #1702, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 9/27/2022-9/27/2025. Social workers completing this course receive 13.5 clinical continuing education credits. Click here to see if social workers in your state are covered.
If you have any questions about this hybrid training, contact Shirley Jean Schmidt at email@example.com.
The DNMS Institute will make every attempt to resolve grievances in a fair manner. Subscribers who are unhappy about the content of the class, have technical issues joining the class, or have any other grievances, should contact us. Click here to read about our Grievance Policy & Procedure.
Accommodations for the Differently Abled
Those who need special accommodations to participate, should call or email us at 503-515-3399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no known commercial support nor conflict of interest for this program.