FREE 1-HOUR ON-DEMAND WEBINAR
DNMS Ego State Therapy Interventions for EMDR Therapists
Narrated by Shirley Jean Schmidt, MA, LPC
The Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy is an ego state therapy developed by Shirley Jean Schmidt, for helping wounded child parts get their emotional needs met. This webinar briefly introduces key DNMS concepts and interventions for stabilizing wounded parts in preparation for trauma processing. It will start by differentiating foundational stability from foundational instability. It will differentiate attachment wounds from trauma wounds, and discuss why this distinction matters. It will discuss how wounded parts get triggered. With a colorful, animated, narrated slide show, this webinar will briefly touch on ways to…
- quickly and effectively mobilize a team of vetted Resources
- establish a Special Safe Place (a fun place for wounded parts to hang out)
- start a dialogue with wounded parts to get their story
- attune, validate, and empathize with wounded parts
- provide wounded parts needed information
- connect wounded parts to a loving, supportive team of Resources
- orient wounded parts to present time
- show wounded parts that the upsetting experience it feels like they’re reliving, is actually just a harmless recording
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the difference between foundational stability and instability.
2. Describe the difference between attachment wounds and trauma wounds.
3. Describe a DNMS Resource team.
4. Describe the DNMS Special Safe Place.
5. Describe the key steps in stabilizing wounded child parts.
Continuing Education Credit (for US Therapists)
Social Workers: The DNMS Institute, LLC, #1702, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The DNMS Institute, LLC maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 9/27/2019-9/27/2022. Click here to see if social workers in your state are covered. Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 continuing education clock hour.
Counselors, LMFTs, and Psychologists: Approved for 1 CE in states where any scope-of-practice continuing education is accepted, or where continuing education from ASWB ACE providers is accepted. Policies vary from state to state and can change year to year. Please check your state licensing board rules to determine if you’re covered.
Watch the Webinar Right Now
To access the webinar, please type in your name, email address, and licensure status below. By providing your name and email address below, you are agreeing to receive email notifications from us about future trainings. You may unsubscribe at any time.